Mortgage Strategy Wired, in association with The Value Exchange, hosted a live debate on Tuesday 30th September, at 14:30pm with a topical debate on the importance of mortgage protection.
Who was there?
Chaired by Gary Adams, Editor, Mortgage Strategy
- Katie Pisanu, Protection Sales Director, one77 FS
- Jon Nixon, Head of Protection, The Buy to let business
- Andrew Montlake, Brand Director, Coreco
What did they talk about?
- Why is it so important that protection is discussed with clients in the house-buying process?
- Protection is an enormous source of potential revenue for brokers – what is the resistance to brokers bringing it up when dealing with clients? Fear of looking as though they’re upselling? Hesitant to learn about a new subject?
- What would incentivise brokers to move into protection?